Ed Rendell, the Democratic former governor of Pennsylvania and Mayor of Philadelphia, is heading a group of powerful politicians and local business men interested i nacquiring the troubled Philadelphia Media Network. I’ve written a piece on the Nieman Lab blog about experiences elsewhere with “instrumentalization” of news organizations. You have to check it out, if only for the neat little photo colleage they’ve used to illustrate it…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Communications research has a lot to offer during the coronavirus crisis. But are we offering it?
- Empires by innovation? A few thoughts on the internet, AI, and Europe/the US
- Vanguards and rearguards in the fight for the future of journalism
- 100 inspiring books on journalism
- Book recommendations from #academicsquadgoals