Ed Rendell, the Democratic former governor of Pennsylvania and Mayor of Philadelphia, is heading a group of powerful politicians and local business men interested i nacquiring the troubled Philadelphia Media Network. I’ve written a piece on the Nieman Lab blog about experiences elsewhere with “instrumentalization” of news organizations. You have to check it out, if only for the neat little photo colleage they’ve used to illustrate it…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- What academic work on journalism/news/media would it be useful for journalists to read?
- Fourth annual International Journal of Press/Politics conference, program
- Do people know where they get their news from?
- “Cutting through the noise” – short Q&A on my new role as RISJ Director
- What can we do for journalism?