Ed Rendell, the Democratic former governor of Pennsylvania and Mayor of Philadelphia, is heading a group of powerful politicians and local business men interested i nacquiring the troubled Philadelphia Media Network. I’ve written a piece on the Nieman Lab blog about experiences elsewhere with “instrumentalization” of news organizations. You have to check it out, if only for the neat little photo colleage they’ve used to illustrate it…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The business of news after advertising?
- Open societies and robust institutions – talking points on how we can fight disinformation
- CfN: 2018 International Journal of Press/Politics Best Book Award
- How much time do people spend with news across media?
- Why is political communication research absent from current public+policy debates and what can be done about this absence?