Ed Rendell, the Democratic former governor of Pennsylvania and Mayor of Philadelphia, is heading a group of powerful politicians and local business men interested i nacquiring the troubled Philadelphia Media Network. I’ve written a piece on the Nieman Lab blog about experiences elsewhere with “instrumentalization” of news organizations. You have to check it out, if only for the neat little photo colleage they’ve used to illustrate it…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Dealing with digital intermediaries – article out
- Summer school on comparative qualitative research on journalism and news media
- “The Changing Business of Journalism and its Implications for Democracy” as free download
- The Future of News – European Parliament
- Murray Edelman Distinguished Career Award – nominations?