April 29, Professor Charles ‘Chuck’ Tilly died. I was fortunate enough to be in the last class he taught, and to learn not only from his classroom presence and wonderfully orchestrated class, but also from his geniunely collaborative contentious politics workshop, his prolific writings, and the comments he generously offered on my own work. Let this post join the flurry of emails amongst former students and collaborators, all bearing testimony to all that he has done as a person and an academic to show what it can all be about. Though he is gone, I still think of this as the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Thanks, Chuck.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The business of news after advertising?
- Open societies and robust institutions – talking points on how we can fight disinformation
- CfN: 2018 International Journal of Press/Politics Best Book Award
- How much time do people spend with news across media?
- Why is political communication research absent from current public+policy debates and what can be done about this absence?