April 29, Professor Charles ‘Chuck’ Tilly died. I was fortunate enough to be in the last class he taught, and to learn not only from his classroom presence and wonderfully orchestrated class, but also from his geniunely collaborative contentious politics workshop, his prolific writings, and the comments he generously offered on my own work. Let this post join the flurry of emails amongst former students and collaborators, all bearing testimony to all that he has done as a person and an academic to show what it can all be about. Though he is gone, I still think of this as the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Thanks, Chuck.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 2021 Digital News Report out
- Less talk, more action? My foreword to “A New Deal for Journalism”
- Building resilience to disinformation (both foreign and domestic)
- 7 media policy options for enabling independent professional journalism
- Call for contributions to working group on sustainability of journalism, Forum on Information & Democracy