I’m going to the Midwest Political Science Association’s 2008 Annual Meeting over the weekend. Four days of political science, rather overwhelming. Hope to get a chance to meet Shanto Iyengar and John Zaller, who will be presenting. Grad students Timothy Kersey (Indiana) and Bryce Dietrich (Kansas) also look like they will be presenting interesting work. I couple of friends (Amy Styart and Tom Ogorzalek) are also on the program. Oh, and so am I–work in progress on the public, rather exoteric stuff on John Dewey, Walter Lippman, and Jürgen Habermas, I’m afraid–one of these days, I plan to rewrite that paper to put my own argument up front, illustrate it, and downplay the exegesis that helped my make it. But time, time is scarce these days.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Summer school on comparative qualitative research on journalism and news media
- “The Changing Business of Journalism and its Implications for Democracy” as free download
- The Future of News – European Parliament
- Murray Edelman Distinguished Career Award – nominations?
- Hacks and spooks – journalism and the intelligence services