I’m going to the Midwest Political Science Association’s 2008 Annual Meeting over the weekend. Four days of political science, rather overwhelming. Hope to get a chance to meet Shanto Iyengar and John Zaller, who will be presenting. Grad students Timothy Kersey (Indiana) and Bryce Dietrich (Kansas) also look like they will be presenting interesting work. I couple of friends (Amy Styart and Tom Ogorzalek) are also on the program. Oh, and so am I–work in progress on the public, rather exoteric stuff on John Dewey, Walter Lippman, and Jürgen Habermas, I’m afraid–one of these days, I plan to rewrite that paper to put my own argument up front, illustrate it, and downplay the exegesis that helped my make it. But time, time is scarce these days.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- If journalism studies research want to be part of the conversation about the future of journalism, we need to start showing up
- 2018 International Journal of Press/Politics Book Award to “Political Journalism in Comparative Perspective”
- What is journalism studies studying? (ICA 2018 edition)
- Draft chapter on “The Changing Economic Contexts of Journalism”
- CfP: Fourth IJPP conference, Oct 10-12 in Oxford (submit by June 15)