I’m going to the Midwest Political Science Association’s 2008 Annual Meeting over the weekend. Four days of political science, rather overwhelming. Hope to get a chance to meet Shanto Iyengar and John Zaller, who will be presenting. Grad students Timothy Kersey (Indiana) and Bryce Dietrich (Kansas) also look like they will be presenting interesting work. I couple of friends (Amy Styart and Tom Ogorzalek) are also on the program. Oh, and so am I–work in progress on the public, rather exoteric stuff on John Dewey, Walter Lippman, and Jürgen Habermas, I’m afraid–one of these days, I plan to rewrite that paper to put my own argument up front, illustrate it, and downplay the exegesis that helped my make it. But time, time is scarce these days.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The business of news after advertising?
- Open societies and robust institutions – talking points on how we can fight disinformation
- CfN: 2018 International Journal of Press/Politics Best Book Award
- How much time do people spend with news across media?
- Why is political communication research absent from current public+policy debates and what can be done about this absence?