Ed Rendell, the Democratic former governor of Pennsylvania and Mayor of Philadelphia, is heading a group of powerful politicians and local business men interested i nacquiring the troubled Philadelphia Media Network. I’ve written a piece on the Nieman Lab blog about experiences elsewhere with “instrumentalization” of news organizations. You have to check it out, if only for the neat little photo colleage they’ve used to illustrate it…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Who should we invite to the Oxford Editor and CEO Forum next year?
- Preconference on qualitative political communication research
- Following up on the Oxford Media Convention 2014
- What are the keystone media in our information environment?
- Local journalism around the world: professional practices, economic foundations, and political implications